Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Painting and Teacup Ornaments...


Hi there!

I just finished a painting that was inspired by these little teacup ornaments I made last year.

Titled "Adventures in a Teacup"

Here is a little poem I wrote for this painting.

"My Pretty Little Teacup"

I painted this little teacup,
With a forest that has no leaves
I placed it in the ocean,
And set out to the sea...

My pretty little teacup,
Is where I like to lie
When it's dark and lonely,
It is there...where I cry...

I don't know where I'm going,
The sea has set me free
I hope my little teacup,
Will keep us...safe indeed.

Where this journey will take us?
The stars that guide the night
I hope my little teacup,
Will keep my duckling safe inside.

I wish upon the stars,
So bright upon the sea
I travel in my teacup,
In my teacup...you and me.

As I sail in my teacup,
With the wind flowing through my hair
If hope is where I'm headed,
Then wake me when I'm there.



5"x7" Acrylic painting on canvas.

This painting is now available in my etsy shop.

~~~~~

These are the little teacup ornaments I made.

"Emperor Moth"


and Black Beetles.


Now available in my etsy shop.

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Papillon Bleu said...

Loved, loved, LOVED the little poem Evelyn.
It had been a while since I wanted one of your little teacups ornaments. Now one of them is MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!Mwahahahahaha!

That will be 3 of your little marvels in my collection. 3 is lucky!
;-)